Check it out
- Biodiversity means the variety of living things found in an ecosystem.
- There might be as many as 30 million different species (types of living things) living on our planet, but we only know about 1.9 million of them.
- Australia is known as a ‘megadiverse’ country which means we have a lot of different species of plants and animals.
- When we say a species is endemic, we mean it can only be found in one area or continent. In Australia, 80% of the species are endemic.
- "In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy.” John Sawhill.
Find out more about biodiversity by following the links below!
Biodiversity is the variety of all living things including plants, animals and micro-organisms, the genes they all contain, and the ecosystems of which they form a part.Read more
How do you
create biodiversity and how can it help to reduce climate change?