Check it out
- Climate change occurs as a result of "greenhouse" gases.
- “Greenhouse” gases including carbon dioxide (CO₂) and methane become trapped in the earth’s atmosphere, causing a warming effect – similar to what happens in a greenhouse.
- 97% of leading scientists around the world agree that climate-warming over the past century is very likely due to human activities. A warmer atmosphere can hold more moisture, which leads to more dramatic weather, e.g. floods, tropical storms and tsunamis.
- Australia broke all hottest summer records in 2013.
- “We cannot solve the problems that we have created with the same thinking that created them.” Albert Einstein.
Find out more about climate change by following the links below!
Evidence shows that Australia will get hotter and drier over the next 10 – 20 years because of climate change. This will also increase the risk of bushfire.Read more
As the climate changes,
animals and plants need to make travel plans, relocating so they can ‘weather’ these changes.