What can you do?
Every little bit counts
Ideas and tips that can help lighten your footprint, meaning the little things you do can help to reduce climate change.
Check it out
Getting practical about climate change
Check out these great animations! They explain the greenhouse effect, the carbon cycle, ozone layer and carbon footprints.
Plant a tree!
Trees breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out oxygen. They take the gas in through their leaves and they use the carbon atoms to grow. It’s a proven technology that is able to significantly reduce carbon emissions – and it’s been happening for hundreds of millions of years. It’s how we have coal, oil and gas in the ground.
Trees are a fun and simple, long-term solution to help clean our air and help the planet.
“UNLESS someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” Dr Seuss, The Lorax
Top Ten Tips to Save the Planet:
- Walk, cycle or take public transport
- Car pool to school or after school activities.
- Recycle plastics, metals and paper
- Chill your laundry – only use cold water, they come out just as clean.
- Use less water – Did you know a shower costs around 10 cents per minute?
- Use less lights and turn them off when you leave the room.
- Replace light bulbs with energy efficient ones, that last a lot longer too.
- Turn off the Air Conditioner and open a window! Plant trees on the outside of your house to keep it cooler, use good quality curtains. It all helps.
- Turn off the heater and put on a jumper or snuggle under a blanket.
- And of course, plant a tree! Then plant even more!
Do you have some ideas on how to make your home climate-friendly? Get some tips here.