Check it out
- Almost 75% of the Earth is covered by water and 70% of the human body is made up of water.
- Because water continually cycles through the environment, you could be drinking water that once fell in the Amazon rainforest, or that dinosaurs drank.
- Baths and showers use the most water in Australian homes.
- Our food is mostly water: tomatoes 95%, spinach 91%, milk 90%, apples 85%, hot dogs 56%.
- “When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water.” Benjamin Franklin.
Find out more about water by following the links below!
How much do you know about water around the world?
Find out why we need to conserve water and how you can help!
We need water for life! What are some actions we can take that ensure our water catchments are healthy and maintain good quality water supply?Read more